Yogesh Sheetal has published letter Mr Pradhan has received from Ruby Dhingra
Media Watch’s take on the letter
1. It is still not clear if this is an official letter from NDTV or a personal letter from Ruby as its not issued on NDTV letter head(Assuming this is actual scanned copy)
2. We are also surprised Ms. Ruby decided to directly communicate instead of communicating thru lawyers which is usual practice in such cases
3. We are are also surprised to realise that Ruby inspite of being assaulted (allegedly) has not yet filed a police complaint yet. Neither there is any indication of her visiting a doctor.
4. Media Watch is glad that NDTV has recognized Yogeshs right to protest.
5. Media Watch is confused what Ms Ruby would like to achieve from this letter. She has not requested any action from IIMC. Neither has she demanded an apology from Yogesh.
6. Lastly, it is important to understand that NDTV has not yet reported this incident as a news.
Media Watch believes that this is a personal letter from Ms Ruby to Mr Pradhan (Professor of Yogesh). The objective of this letter is merely to inform.
Based on above understanding we have now changed our headline